Location: New York, NY
Salary Range: $150-$165k
Findyr is seeking a VP of Engineering to be the lead technical architect and manager of our engineering flows that impact over 100,000 users and support Fortune 500 customers. This engineer will drive the technical execution of our product roadmap and manage a team of 3-4 software engineers and data scientists, reporting directly to the CEO.
The VP of Engineering will be flexible and organizationally versatile, working directly with the management team in co-creating product strategy while working side-by-side with engineers toward technical execution of our workflows. The candidate will work to deliver the highest technical standards in our product, nurture and promote creativity and growth in the team, and relentlessly execute our product roadmap.
This person will be a mission-driven leader that works effortlessly in cross-functional settings, bridges workflows between teams toward a single goal, and can negotiate across teams to create a unified and coherent user experience. The candidate will interface heavily with our field operations and sales team to gather user requirements and travel overseas to user markets as required.
We are a fast-moving startup focused in both creativity and execution in serving our users but we love to have fun and thrive on open brainstorming, transparency and a workplace environment as diverse as our own global user base and customers.
- 6+ years of overall professional software engineering experience, including 3-4 years experience as an engineering manager / tech lead, or equivalent experience managing software development workflows at startups / technology companies
- Extensive experience with Web and Mobile Application Development, RESTful API design, scaleable system architecture (microservice-focused), security best practices, and passion for forward-leaning technologies to serve as the backbone of Enterprise SaaS products
- Extensive experience managing cross-functional workflows and managing technical output and performance
- Experience interfacing directly with customers about product features, and co-creating product strategy with other teams across the company
- Ability to produce scaleable, reliable solutions to complex technical problems and create high impact user experiences
- Believe in beautifully-crafted, well-tested code, and while creative problem solving is in your toolbelt, hacking solutions together is not
- Desire for a hands-on leadership/product ownership role on a small team, contributing to the code base as required in addition to managing the team
- A true team player and leader, fostering a highly supportive, collaborative environment
- B.S. in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical subject
- Languages: Python and expert or advanced level in at least one language more "strongly-typed," utilizing static type-checking/type safety, preferably Java or a member of the C family
- 1-2 years experience with data engineering processes (Hive / Hadoop / Spark)
- Experience building machine learning models and deploying them in API frameworks
- Familiarity with geospatial datasets and productizing geo-referenced data
- Frameworks: Node.js, Angular, Django, Mobile (iOS, Android)
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Firebase